Searching for a Sales Representative in the San Francisco / Bay area.
First Year Compensation:
Base: $65K - $80K
Commission: $50K at plan
Total First Year Comp: $115k - 130k+
Company Allowance $600/Mo. +.12/mile
Benefits: Medical/Dental and 401K plan
This position, reporting directly to the VP of Sales and or Region Manager, is responsible for driving sales penetration within the Advanced Wound Care / Skin Care portfolio with specific emphasis on wound care and incontinence products. By utilizing a solution based and concept sell to the Hospital / Clinic, Long Term Care and Home Health marketplace and across the care continuum, this position provides leadership, oversight, and serves as technical sales expert in the respective sales territory.
- Key selling role responsible for owning the territory growth, directly and independently selling, supporting and ensuring sales growth in existing and new accounts. This will require focusing on defining and executing against account plans
- Achieves sales goals by penetrating into major hospitals, hospital systems, long term care, long term care chains and home health by driving wound care products with specific emphasis on wound care and incontinence products in the defined Care setting in defined metropolitan geographies and with focus on Wound Care Nursing
- Responsible for territory and account planning with a strong emphasis on prioritizing and optimizing time by channel to target high potential accounts
- Communicates with other team members to implement objectives and share best practices.
- Serves as a Technical Expert regarding company's Wound Care Products, Moisturizers and Incontinent portfolio in respective territory.
May perform temporary assignments and special projects in an effort to maximize market coverage and maximization of the sale of company Wound Care Products. ( assignments via VP of sales)
Broad clinical understanding and ability to master broad knowledge of AWM products and company value proposition across wound continuum.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Delivers monthly, quarterly and annual sales quota targets as directed by sales management.
- Conducts consultative sales calls on hospital decision makers, utilizing solid product/technical knowledge to educate physicians, nursing teams, Enterostomal therapists, Clinical Specialists, DONs, Infection Management, etc. on the products and procedures, following a targeted call plan, and developing solid territory plans in accordance with the Corporate Business Plan.
- Encourages sustainable sales through demonstration of financial, clinical impact and patient benefits. Follows and adopts a targeted call plan, and develops solid territory business plans using company's prescribed tools and processes.
- Responsible for incorporating and furthering the utilization of company's Wound Care, Moisturizers and Incontinence Products within target call points and territories.
- Manages material management call points and contracting process for all business.
- Increases penetration in target accounts by creating awareness and developing a platform for introduction of current and future products.
- Develops string working relationships with local medical/surgical distribution partners.
- Works with local medical/surgical distribution partners to ensure that appropriate par levels of inventory are held and support the process of delivery of products to customers’ facilities.
- Builds strong, sustainable relationships with key professional decision makers and opinion leaders, including applicable Nursing and Acute Care clinical call points and key financial decision makers in the hospital system they call on.
- Encourages sustainable sales through demonstration of financial, clinical impact and patient benefits.
- Builds sustainable relationships with key professional decision makers and opinion leaders, including applicable physicians, surgeons, Acute - LTC Director, Clinical Specialists, Value
- Analysis Committee members and also may include key financial decision makers in the hospital system including CFO, CNO, COO and Infection Disease Dept. heads.
- Builds and leverages relationships with sales and support teams within key Distributors and other strategic partners to ensure product availability in the Acute and Long Term Care setting.
- Provides monthly updates on sales progress, competitive threats and new business opportunities as directed by sales management.
- Works collaboratively with entire sales team by sharing Best Practices with other sales representatives, Region Managers, Marketing Personnel, and Senior Management to maximize growth of portfolio within specified accounts.
- Conducts business and clinical reviews with customers routinely to demonstrate effectiveness of the company offering and formally assess customer satisfaction.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Marketing, Nursing, Biology, Sciences)
- Sales experience, 2-3 years B2B, is required with a preference for experience selling to both purchasing and clinical stakeholders in acute and extended care settings
- Complex Selling Experience
- Experience selling to high level hospital executives a plus.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Autonomy and organization skills
- Strong goal orientation and stamina
- Entrepreneurial approach to developing business
- Requires strong analytical abilities along with the ability to travel.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent negotiation and demonstrated listening skills.
- Solid basic analytical skills to analyze customer and products trends at the territory level.
- Competent in Microsoft programs including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Developing strategy in a competitive situation
- Ability to build relationships understand and anticipate customer needs
- Demonstrated consultative selling, contract negotiation and account development skills.
- Broad clinical understanding and ability to present a holistic value proposition
- Candidates must have the ability to train, educate and in-service clinicians and account executives
- Ability to work well with company colleagues
Physical: Position generally required sitting 30% of the time and 70% standing / walking. Occasionally requires lifting and carrying equipment and materials weighing 10-50 pounds. Periodic overnight travel required. (up to 20% overnight travel depending on territory)
Manual Dexterity: Requires the development of business plans and the ability to present thoughts in a logical, understandable fashion.
Mental effort and verbal skills required to effectively communicate and to relate potential problems or opportunities to appropriate personnel or customers.
Requires ability to demonstrate full understanding and application of all company products.
Audible/Visual Demands: Requires ability to hear and speak, or equivalent communication ability for effectively conversing with co-workers, managers, customers, etc. in person and via telephone
SCOPE OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- No direct supervision responsibilities with role. However, employee has the authority to make significant choices and decisions, without specific guidance or direction from the supervisor.
The above description is intended to describe the general content, identify the essential functions of, and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.