GLOBAL JOB TITLE
LOCAL JOB TITLE
: Territory Sales Manager
Sales, Industrial Southeast
REPORTS TO POSITION
: Regional Sales Manager, Industrial
Portland Based, covering Oregon and Idaho
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for all sales activities within the assigned territory. The overall objective of the Territory Sales Manager is developing, maintaining and growing territory-level sales of all Industrial, Single Use and Body Protection products to all end user customers. Additional responsibility is given for special assignments through the Regional Sales Manager, such as field training of new Territory Sales Managers, assisting in market tests and market potential surveys.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
Channel Partner Motivation & Development
- Setting and implementing territory & region growth plan to achieve defined company strategic objectives.
- Identifying and converting territory-level new business opportunities and conversion of competitive products to company.
- Maintaining an open opportunity pipeline of >$2m at all times.
- Closing >$1.14m in new business opportunities per annum.
- Ownership of territory-level relationships with Tier I & II distributor sales representatives.
- Ownership of Tier III distributor HQ and business growth plans.
- Maintaining superior business relationships with key end users.
- Supporting Channel Development growth initiatives.
- Supporting National Account opportunities, utilizing & leveraging company Guardian.
- Introducing new Company products and programs in accordance with Company strategy and business objectives.
End User Penetration
- The Territory Sales Manager will proactively educate, work with and motivate distributor salespeople to lead with and promote the company product range and solutions and will actively work with distributors on new products, promotional programs and pricing policies.
- The Territory Sales Manager will respond in a timely, efficient and effective manner to requests from distributor salespeople to support new business opportunities and to protect and grow existing business.
- The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for pull through of products based on effective end user sales calls, utilizing Company’s pre-structured sales call technique.
- All key accounts will be consistently called on as part of a planned travel cycle, in an effort to maintain business and develop new volume.
- End user inquiries will be followed up in an efficient and effective manner.
KEY POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- The Territory Sales Manager will maintain proper records on all distributors and end user accounts through company’s CRM.
- Contract creation and administration and end user pricing within approved ranges is the responsibility of the Territory Sales Manager. This database will be maintained throughout the year as new contracts are created and as existing contracts are renewed or cancelled on a timely basis.
- It is the responsibility of the Territory Sales Manager to update and maintain all customer information, top customer activities, new opportunity pipeline and key closes using Company’s CRM on a timely basis.
- Periodically conduct a complete review of key distribution channels in the territory.
- Conduct territory business within expense budget.
- Submit written reports as required and effectively transmit field information to the home office.
- Handles special assignments as directed by the Regional Sales Manager.
- The Territory Sales Manager is also charged with responsibility for representing the company to our customers in a professional, competent and ethical manner.
- The Territory Sales Manager is the company's first line of defense against competitive actions and represents our eyes and ears in the marketplace. As such, it is their responsibility to effectively report on marketplace activities, competitive actions, end users’ problems and opportunities plus distributor problems and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales, or related field preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum three years field sales experience with proven record of success.
- Industrial, consumer products, food service or personal protective equipment (PPE) sales experience working through distributors preferred.
Desirable Job Competencies
Additional Requirements (travel, etc.)
- High level of organizational and time management skills
- Experience in developing and successfully executing territory sales strategies
- Strong presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
Ability to both, work independently and to collaborate with others
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft applications
- Experience with SalesForce.Com (SFDC) or similar CRM program highly preferred
- This role will require frequent travel within the territory and across North America (driving and/or air travel).
- Overnight travel will vary by territory from 25 – 50%.