Regional Sales Manager
Area Vice President
8- 10 Account Managers (Sales Reps)
Do not apply if you do not possess current Regional Sales Management experience managing a team of sales representatives.
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
Describes the general purpose of the job or why the job exists.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for managing a team of Account Managers in a region. The RSM is also responsible for selling products and services to national and regional organizations. They must be able to manage a team of sales people, setting expectations, assist in growing sales territories, target key accounts, to attain company goals. This individual should maintain records on each key account and communicate as often as required with the Area Vice President.
List the principle on-going responsibilities that are necessary to accomplish the purpose of the job.
- Develop a sales strategy with the Area Vice President.
- Develop a strategic plan to execute the sales strategy.
- Identify and close new business with the Area Vice President.
- Develop a strategy with Area Vice Presidents of Sales for account penetration of HCP.
- Develop key relationships with large volume HCP.
- Research and understand healthcare reform as it relates to all changes in the managed care landscape.
- Must possess the ability to sell company’s services utilizing a structured sales process. Ability to identify customer needs as an important part of the selling process. Ability to solicit, negotiate, implement, and maintain a long-term referral-generating relationship with manages care organizations. Must possess the ability to generate acceptable gross profit margins and to maximize revenues. Develop and present company’s proposition (ie. Features and benefits).
- Ability to organize and prioritize time and schedule to maximize exposure to key customers within a defined territory. Ability to prospect, identify and qualify new opportunities. Capable of identifying and focusing on priority accounts.
- Ability to effectively network with healthcare professionals, institutions, community agencies, key trade associations, and specific manufacturers to promote Company’s value proposition. Able to attend and represent company at trade shows, conferences, association meetings and educational seminars.
Describe experience, education and related coursework typically required or expected to perform essential job functions.
- Minimum 5 years’ prior sales experience with at least 3 years’ experience selling healthcare services
- BS or BA degree; MBA or commensurate experience in another health care environment is key
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic managerial skills are needed to coordinate efforts of support from multiple disciplines
- Computer skills as required for communication and reports such as e-mail, internet, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Performs any directly related appropriate duties assigned by Area Vice President of Sales, East. Familiarity with Reimbursement.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. of marketing material
- 75% travel