POSITION TITLE: Territory Manager - Dallas, TX
REPORTS TO: Regional Manager
Salary: $40,000 - $45,000 (depending on experience)
Total First year at plan $100,000
401K/Stock Options: 401K/Stock Options
Car Allowance: Company Car Allowance $500, Gas Card
Nursing homes primary target for wound care billing
Assisted living and memory care for incontinence and skin care products
The Territory Manager is responsible for generating revenue in an assigned territory including developing leads, presenting products and services, and closing sales. Company markets services, develops new accounts, and increases volume in existing accounts. Assists with obtaining documents needed for reimbursement and/or authorization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate a consistently positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional approach in performing all assigned tasks
- Identify market potential by qualifying accounts
- Initiate sales process by scheduling appointments, making initial presentation, and understanding account requirements
- Close sales by building rapport with potential account, explaining service capabilities, and overcoming objections
- Manage individual task list
- Meet monthly sales quotas
- Record all activity in CompSys
- Expand sales in existing accounts
- Contribute information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts
- Participate in training and development activities
- Market the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Assume other duties within scope of training as assigned by Regional Manager or Executive Management
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS)
- College degree preferred
- 2-3 years outside sales experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time as needed
- Driving record that meets Company standards
- Prospecting skills
- Presentation skills
- Sales planning and territory management
- Solid computer skills with the ability to learn new programs
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Closing skills
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to meet and exceed goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivation and ability to work without close supervision
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and move about our customers’ facilities. Regular travel by automobile and travel by plane is required. The employee must possess mobility to work in and move about in a standard office setting and sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment. Substantial time is spent on the phone and working on a computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to read materials in either a printed format or on a computer screen. The employee must have the ability to hear well enough to carry on a normal conversation, both in person and over the telephone. The duties of this position require the ability to maintain attention to detail despite frequent interruptions.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.