(Key Account Manager)
Business Continuum Specialist (
Responsible for selling Negative Pressure Wound Therapy Systems product line to a variety of clinical and medical customers across numerous call points with primary being in (Hospitals) Acute Care Centers, establishing relationships with physicians and working with national thought leaders in this therapeutic area, collaborating with Post-Acute Key Account Manager at the discharge planner, and liaising with partners in market including DME’s (Durable Medical Equipment), distributors and independent sales representatives
- Utilize professional selling skills to solicit sales of company products
- Seek new customers, either known target accounts or new business found by prospecting
- Support and grow existing account base
- Strive on a continuing basis to achieve, maintain, and expand contacts within customer organizations
- Make contacts at all levels and with all groups, which might influence current and future buying decisions
- Maintain the highest degree of product knowledge through continuing study, including characteristics, quality, engineering, competitive advantages, customer applications, features, benefits and proof sources
- Expand skills in selling, adapting to selling situations, negotiating complex deals, and broadening team dynamics
o Follow sound time and territory management techniques
o Quarterly, define customers to be visited and maintain call frequency standards
o Plan account, travel and call strategies
o Preplan sales calls; review background information, set call objectives and define selling strategies
o Submit regular objectives, action plans and sales projections
o Utilize CRM/Salesforce tools, maintain integrity of information
Servicing and follow-up:
- Provide field sales service and training to all accounts in assigned territory
- Service includes solving problems, assisting customers and ensuring their satisfaction with our products, including technical advice on the use of products, delivery considerations, quality control, invoicing, etc.
- Provide these services personally where feasible or initiate and coordinate action through appropriate company support personnel
- Follow up to make sure customer requests/problems are satisfactorily resolved
- Promptly report any product or service complaint through quality system
Communications and reporting:
- Submit required reports promptly and legibly
- Complete and submit expense reports monthly
- Communicate with Manager or Sales Director as needed
- Develop customer communications such as presentations, bids, quotes, as necessary and approved by corporate
- Serve as the eyes and ears of the company within assigned territory by observing, appraising and reporting on competitive activities, price developments, customer plans, product trends, new product potentials, market trends and related matters
- Provide relevant information in CRM/Salesforce when applicable
EDUCATION and CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Employee must meet vendor compliance demands of accounts within given territory. This includes but not limited to: RepTrax, VendorMate, Status Blue, VCS, etc.
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Follows all Company rules and regulations, including health and safety rules
- Successfully interacts with employees at all levels
- Regular, reliable performance of all job duties
- Travel as may be required to meet business and customer expectations
- Performs all other duties as assigned or as may be required from time to time
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B. A.) from four-year college or university; minimum five years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Surgical sales experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Experience working in an environment with global objectives preferred
- Must be able to read, understand and communicate in English
- Apply principles of logical thinking to solve practical problems
- Travel up to 50% of the time, including occasional international travel
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to road travel and clinical environments, such as hospitals, physician offices, and clinics
The employee is expected to efficiently and effectively perform all of the above tasks.
Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This job description is subject to change at any time. Company has the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job as business needs require.