Base: $80K - $100K
Company Car plus expenses
401K, Full Medical / Dental
Can live anywhere in Northern California. Opportunity requires the ability to travel 75%.
Quality, EHS, Procurement within Labs, Institutions,
This company is a leading global provider of protection solutions. Our company designs, develops and manufactures a wide range of protection solutions that meet the ever-changing needs and demands of our markets and industries. Protection is our primary concern as millions of people around the world depend on these products in their professional and personal lives.
Our vision is to create a world where people can enjoy optimal protection against the risk they are exposed to. Whether at work or during their leisure time, people require the right protection for the right application. After all, what better guarantee is there than increased safety, security and productivity than through adequate protection.
The Business Development Manager – Life Sciences Solutions (LSS) is responsible for Life Sciences – Laboratories & Cleanroom sales growth, field sales activities and LSS distributor sales management within their assigned region for the North American region. These responsibilities include working closely with their aligned RSM(s), the LSS National Account Manager and Life Sciences Marketing to maximize LSS sales results in accordance with the objectives and policies of the company. The Business Development Manager LSS will also have responsibility to maximize sales at targeted LSS distributors/end users through planning and controls within their region through coordinated efforts with the full NA Region Industrial Sales Team.
The Business Development Manager – Life Sciences Solutions is responsible for representing this company to our customers in an effective and ethical manner. He/she must demonstrate high integrity, collaboration, and an ability to raise and resolve conflict in a manner that is in line with our values.
The Business Development Manager – Life Sciences Solutions must:
- actively connect, communicate and collaborate with other BDMs-LSS and the Sr NAM - LSS to ensure a consistent, unified and collaborative approach;
- work closely with Territory Managers and the Regional Sales Managers in developing and executing plans to grow Territory, National and Global LSS Accounts;
- work closely with the SU GBU Life Sciences Vertical Marketing team to fully optimize the company's marketing and vertical business development strategy, account targeting and voice of customer processes;
- work closely with the Global Guardian team to optimize the company's Guardian Strategic selling processes and tools for LSS; and
- work closely with other departments and teams within the company to ensure the overall success of the company's strategic plans and objectives to grow the Life Sciences Solutions business
• Preferred B.A. or B.S. degree in life sciences, science, business, sales, engineering, or related fields.
- Job Experience
- More than three years’ sales experience in Life Sciences, Laboratories & Cleanroom with demonstrated success
- Sound Distribution Channel knowledge and key End User contacts within Life Sciences Industry
- Knowledge and Skills
Strong Business Acumen and demonstrated financial and systems knowledge
- Knowledge of Lab, Life Science, Cleanroom and other controlled environments
- Proven strategic approach to customer development
- Highly motivated and accountable for owning business outcomes including planning, executing and forecasting
- Exceptional communication, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated abilities to thrive within a matrix environment – with proven abilities obtain and leverage resources from multiple departments and marshal them in an organized manner to effectively service customer needs and grow business
- Strong project management skills and a bias for action
- Solid understanding of operations, forecasting and supply chain management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills