|Job Title: National Account Manager
Reports to: Director of Account Sales
Status: Salary / Exempt
Hours: Full Time (Monday-Friday, based on business needs)
Bonus: Paid at 17% of incremental Gross Profit and some possible smaller amounts for new agreements. 3-month guaranteed commissions.
401k - we match 0.50/$1 up to the first 6%, Full Dental, Full medical
Must live in Grand Rapids
Requirements for this job:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of Inside Sales/sales leadership experience is a requirement.
- Bachelor degree in sales, marketing or general business required.
- A plus to have Healthcare sales or hospital procurement experience, preferably selling consumable items in business-to-business situations. Experience in the direct mail catalog business model also a plus.
- Demonstrated success in relationship building, selling skills, creating greater customer loyalty, and accomplished in achieving goals in spite of barriers or difficulties.
- Energetic, self-directed and excited about growing company and increasing market share.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Authority to make sales pricing decisions through predefined approval processes.
- Proactively manage top tier accounts to enhance our 1:1 business relationship and drive accelerated revenue growth.
- Leverage enhanced 1:1 relationships by uncovering agreement opportunities and system wide opportunities.
- Work cross functionally by partnering with internal and external experts including Category Managers and outside suppliers to develop and present department wide and system wide solutions.
- Conduct site visits using a consultative sales approach including site evaluations/recommendations and face to face business reviews.
- Contribute to new product and customer gathering and sharing of competitive advantage during onsite observations.
- Initiates outbound phone call contact to existing customers to establish relationship, and then qualify needs and strengthen customer loyalty to the company. Gain greater share of customers’ annual spend of consumable goods [Health Care & Clinical Labs] by negotiating and signing annual or multi-year agreements.
- Provide sales leadership and guidance to Account Managers and Account Coordinators once an agreement has been signed to maximize spend and develop additional opportunities throughout the agreement and renewal process to expand the customer’s spend with our organization.
- Work with vendors, product development and purchasing team to source customer product requests including securing pricing and availability and discount terms.
- Prepare and present quotations to customers establishing pricing based on profit margin guidelines; follow up on the status and close the sale.
- Contacting targeted customers to better understand customer needs and establish the company as a preferred supplier.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding established customer accounts. Answers questions regarding account activity, products, and coordinates complaints.
- Work with marketing team to share industry insight, customer feedback and implement marketing specific campaigns.
- Travel up to 15% of the time for proactive on-site customer meetings.
- Assist with the reporting, preparation and presentation of the monthly sales review with executives.
- Miscellaneous projects as directed by Sr. National Account Manager and Director of Account Sales.
- COMPETENCIES include the following:
- Job Knowledge- Knowledge of products, polices & procedures and importance of customer.
- Communication - Individual communicates effectively both verbally and written with superiors, colleagues and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Customer Focus – Proactively seeks and delivers information to assist with customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Builds positive rapport and cooperative relationships to achieve the customer experience score.
- Decision Making – Recognizes issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed. Includes others in the decision-making process as warranted to obtain good information. The ability to identify what is and what is not working which impacts the end result.
- Negotiation – Builds value of preferred alternatives by relating them to the customer’s needs; responds to objections by emphasizing value; exposes problems with desirable alternatives. Uses appropriate techniques to move others to action or to agreement.
- Teamwork - Conveys passion and rallies team members when challenged with a difficult goal. Keeps focused and on track and resolves any interpersonal issues arising that may jeopardize team success. Prompts others to contribute knowledge and information to assist the team.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions. Displays orientation to profitability. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals.