The Regional Sales Manager recruits, trains and manages companies Medical's field Sales Representatives, i.e., Account Managers, Account Specialists, Account Associates and Area Representatives within a region. Provides management to all required reports and supportive information regarding competitors, payers and physician organizations that may affect the company within the region. Assists in the development of programs and policiesrelated to the field sales organization. Displays positive leadership qualities to all company employees and customers.
Base Salary: $110,000
Bonus – $36,000 expected with $191,000 max annually
Commission – seeding market 10%
Expenses are reimbursed. Mileage is paid at IRS rates.
Region: Central US. Can live anywhere in TX, OK, AR, IN, IL, WI, LA, MN, NE, IA or MO.
- Coach: For assigned Sales Representatives:
- Comprehensive implementation of companies Customer Relationship Manager (CRM ).
- Comprehensive planning for each assigned account.
- Identification of effective call points.
- Establish coverage criteria for each assigned account.
- Develop specific diagnosis to referral criteria for each assigned provider.
- Perform Pre-call plan for each critical account call.
- Perform Post-call recap for each critical account call.
- Schedule with Sales Representative for Field Visits on major leveraged sales opportunities.
- Performs 360-degree reviews:
- Monthly for underperforming and immature Sales Representatives.
- Quarterly for all other Sales Representatives.
- Travel: For key meetings and closing calls. o 60%travel requirement.
- All field sales calls require comprehensive notes with related accounts and contacts.
- All trips must have comprehensive trip report.
- Manages direct reports within a region. Assigns and allocates work, sets priorities and deadlines. Resolvespersonnel issues and guides and advises personnel in the performance of their work. Completesperformance evaluations and makes recommendations on wages and promotions.
- Determines markets to be filled and obtain approval from the VP of Sales.
- In open markets, Regional Manager will need to seed the market and grow revenue to a point where justification of Sale Representative is applicable.
- Assists in recruiting of new and replacement Sales Representatives in coordination with the VP of Sales as defined by the national revenue forecast.
o Receives and scores candidate applications, conducts telephone and face-to-face interviews ofcandidates; determine s which candidates will attend final round of interviews. Attends and fullyparticipates in-group final interviews and performs reference checks.
o Follows approved recruitment and selection process for filling open positions in coordination withthe VP of Sales.
- Supports and contributes positively to the Company's learning and development training and educationprocess.
- Identifies specialized training needs of Sales Representatives in the region and forwards these needs to the VP of Sales.
- Attends National, Regional, and local medical conferences as directed by the VP of Sales. Attends company national and regional meetings.
- Calls on payors within region as coordinated with the VP of Sales.
- Tracks and manages Sales Representative activity as required.
- Controls expenses per company policy and Project Compliance to help ensure that Sales Representativesare using the information systems available on the intranet site.
- Daily checks e-mails and voicemails.
- To assist and provide input into the development of policies and procedures of the company as needed byparticipating in program development, policy development, meeting planning, and product planning meetings.
- Submits monthly reports and information as requested and/or required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience / Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent with a minimum of three years direct sales management experience.
- Experience with sales of surgical equipment and/or prescribed products to physicians.
- Have sales personnel training expertise.
- Extensive business travel experience.
- Knowledge of electrotherapy products is an advantage.
- Must be a positive, forward-thinking individual that possess the ability to work as part of an effective team,who thinks about the best interests of the company, can demonstrate a superior work ethic, understands, anddemonstrates leadership and is results oriented.
- Valid Driver's license with current automobile insurance.
General office environment that will include frequent or continuous periods of talking, sitting, fingering, repetitivemotions of the hands/wrists, reaching, grasping, and handling. This position also requires occasional bending, squatting, standing, and walking. Pushing, pulling lifting, and carrying of up to 10 lbs. is required on anoccasional basis. Good general vision and hearing are needed.