OrthoPedic Extremity Sales Representative
Our client company develops, manufactures and distributes titanium screws and plates, surgical instruments and system solutions for fracture fixation. Their motto is “Precision in Fixation”. We place the highest priority on maintaining stringent quality standards, continuous further development and innovation as well as comprehensive service provision for physicians, staff and patients.
$130,000 - $170,000 (including base and commission)
Full Medical / Dental
The Territory Consultant has front-line responsibility for positioning and selling of specific products and product solutions within an assigned geography. This includes the technical (features, functions, benefits) sales aspects, and the conceptual sales aspects, versus competitive products. The Territory Consultant will work with Hospitals, and Surgery Centers, interacting directly with Surgeons, and staff developing and fostering trust from new and existing surgeons.
A Day in the Life: Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Accountable in every way to the current and future customer needs as well as the business goals of the company for the assigned territory.
- Identify and qualify prospective surgeons and accounts based on company provided data as well as professional networking.
- Maintain appropriate professional Surgeon/Resident/Fellow contacts with all current customers and newly converted customers.
- Strive to improve patient care and successfully support of the needs of the practice and the healthcare administration.
- Routinely educate Surgeons or other medical staff on the FDA approved indications for use of each of the company technologies.
- Maintain all product inventory assigned to the territory.
- Handle competitive threats with appropriate sense of urgency with a measured professional response.
- Proactively participate in the continued education of the company technologies that you sell, service and educate on.
- Develop and execute on all territory sales plans to achieve a balanced product sales mix in assigned territory to meet sales growth and quota goals.
- Actively participate with Area Sales Director in the strategic and tactical planning process.
- Respond to customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and effective manner to include proper reporting and follow up.
- Maintain high standards of personal presentation and promote a professional company image.
- Recognize and understand competitive products, features and strengths in relation to the Medartis product portfolio.
- Must show sales experience and aptitude thru historical success and failure.
- Must have a competitive spirit and passion and be willing to illustrate.
- Must be able to display a solid work ethic.
- Must demonstrate strategic thinking to navigate successfully thru multiple opportunities that present.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university required. Master's Degree in related field is a plus.
- Minimum of five years of relevant sales or professional experience, preferably in medical device and/or Trauma, Spine, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Extremities, strongly preferred in a clinical/hospital/surgical environment.
- Strong technical product knowledge of surgical instruments, procedures, protocols and solutions.
- Results orientation/sense of urgency; ability to drive to tight timelines.
- Strong degree of personal drive and persistence.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- High level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, communicate and work in complex environment
- Understanding of human anatomy and physiology.
- Majority of time will be spent in surgeon office and/or hospital setting and includes coverage of cases in operating room (OR), coordination of equipment required for case coverage, and logistics related to hospital billing and replenishment.