• Contributes to the global research and development of products through embedded software engineering for medical devices and related products aligned to company strategy.
• Functions as SME (subject matter expert) for key embedded software development expertise.
• Ability to bridge cross functional project needs through extensive system integration experience with microprocessor based hardware and software.
• Interface with other development groups and technical support groups as a participant or as a lead.
• Ensures compliance to requirements management and traceability.
• Establish software requirements from broad and generic product requirements.
• Contributes to design verification & validation as part of a team.
• Manage time and objective priorities among multiple competing tasks, providing updated timelines as priorities are assessed.
• Direct and participate in effective cross-functional interaction between appropriate departments as required by individual assignments.
• Strong team player with ability to meet deadlines and handle changing priorities.
• Experience in resolving complex technical problems using strong analytical skills.
• Familiarity with a broad spectrum of software tools, compilers, revision control systems, libraries, that kind of thing.
• Familiarity with revision control systems, devops tools, compilers and IDEs. (e.g. Subversion, Git, Azure, IAR).
• Familiarity with agile software development process and test driven development.
• Familiarity with hardware development, debugging tools, reading schematics. Familiarity with Altium is a plus.
• Familiarity with serial communication protocols (e.g. SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485).
• Familiarity with brushed and brushless motor control and algorithms is a plus.
• Complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
• Follows all Company rules and regulations, including health and safety rules.
• Successfully interacts with employees at all levels.
• Regular, reliable performance of all job duties.
• Travel as may be required to meet business and customer expectations.
• Performs all other duties as assigned or as may be required from time to time.
EDUCATION and CRITICAL SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Software, Computer, or Electrical Engineering or related field required along with solid experience in an embedded programming environment.
- Minimum five years' experience in design and implementation of complex embedded software electromechanical systems for medical devices.
- Demonstrated understanding of software design principles including architecture, implementation, and verification.
- Proficiency in computer languages including C, C++, and Python coupled with knowledge of computer principles, communications, networking and operating systems.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing embedded real-time operating systems.
- Ability to bridge cross functional project needs through extensive system integration experience with microcontroller based hardware and software.
- Knowledge & application of global medical device requirements and UL standards. (i.e. ISO 14971, ISO 60601, ISO 62304, FCC, EU etc.).
- Applied knowledge of regulatory guidance on design controls and software validation.
Full Medical/Dental Coverage
This will be a REMOTE position with the expectation for the employee to come into the corporate office once a month for 3-4 days, or as needed.